SS hood on a V6 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS hood on a V6 camaro

Im going to be putting the SS hood on my V6 camaro. Is there a way to make the hood scoop functional with a V6? I have the 3.4L L32 engine.

First off all this belongs in the apperance section.

Second of all yes, I have seen pics of it done before. I would do searches here and @ ls1.com and camaroz28.com. Even if you find a "how to" on the ls1, its not going to matter. As far as I know, it is a custom job anyhow, the differnce between the v6 an 8 is negligable in a custom job.

I am fairly sure there is member on here with pics of his custom setup. Good luck.
    Cardomain

Comment

Ok, I thought about putting this on the appearance but I figured since it would involve modifying the intake, I would just put it in general mods. But thanks for the info

Comment

SS hoods really look nice on V6 Camaros don't they? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Comment

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I'm trying to find a good deal on a SS hood.
          When I'll get it will look awsome!!!
          -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

Not that much to gain when making it functional. Does look nice though!
            <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

I have the SS hood on my 94 3.4L Camaro. I just ordered the LT1 airbox and modified the box to fit in the engine bay and had no problems. You will probably have to cut the top of the box where the filter goes if it touches the hood. See pics on my webpage http://www.cardomain.com/id/rsjay
              Also it did give me some improvement in HP. Can't say how much but it was noticeable.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiLOTLiTE:
                SS hoods really look nice on V6 Camaros don't they? ;) ;) ;) ;) <hr></blockquote>

Looks better with GFX ;) ;) ;) ;)
                1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RSJay:
                  I have the SS hood on my 94 3.4L Camaro. I just ordered the LT1 airbox and modified the box to fit in the engine bay and had no problems. You will probably have to cut the top of the box where the filter goes if it touches the hood. See pics on my webpage http://www.cardomain.com/id/rsjay
                  Also it did give me some improvement in HP. Can't say how much but it was noticeable.
                  <hr></blockquote>

thats a nice camaro

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X