ABS INOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS INOP

Can Anyone tell me where I can get a tool to pull the codes from the ABS system?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brennan:
    Can Anyone tell me where I can get a tool to pull the codes from the ABS system?<hr></blockquote>

I don't know about where to get the scanner, but a lot of times the code is being thrown because the 3rd brake light being out a bad ground on the core suport of the top of the passenger side fender. You take the grounds loose and sand the paint off under them than put them back on and see if the light is gone.
    1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

i have a 93 3.4 and for about 6 months it would come on all the time. I could tell when it wasn't goin to come on because when i first started my car and backed up i heard and felt a click. I never didnt anything to fix it but i know my abs works now because i have "tested" it. The abs problem was about a year ago.
      93 3.4 w/K&N FIPK installed 1/13/04

Comment

mine came on once when it was real cold out, and went off next time i started my car.

Comment

I live in MD where it has been pritty cold and wet. Maybe that is the problem. Something else that has been happing, when the ABS light is not on, is that my low track light comes on during soft brakes.

Comment

I had a similar problem with my camaro. After some investigation and a brake shop that was willing to pull my codes for free, the problem was narrowed down to a front wheel speed sensor. That would explain why your low trac light is coming on even during soft braking. The ABS system thinks that one wheel is spinning much slower (locked up even) than the other and engages the ABS system - hence, the low trac light. Unfortunately, replacing a wheel speed sensor is expensive stuff, so I took the cheap way out and just pulled the ABS relay for now. The car isn't driven during winter, so I have some time yet.
            Chris Johnson<br />\'06 Cobalt SS/SC<br />\'95 Camaro - SOLD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X