Help with this please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with this please..

95 Firebird 3.4 100,000 miles. New coil packs, new cat. New plugs, New wires.
    Car runs great for about 6 minutes, SES light comes on and it runs like crap.Any speed any condition. I can push in the clutch while driving, shut the engin off, re-start and the light goes out. 6 minutes later the same situation. Whats causing this? Why does it go away and come back?

Go get it scanned at autozone then tell us the readings....
    1996 Firebird-Y87:SLP Cold Air Intake,Y87 Perf. Package: 3.42 Gears w/ Zexel-Torsen LSD, Sport Steering(14.4:1 ratio), Dual Exit Exhaust,800 watt Pioneer Amp and Two 10\' subs with a custom trunk enclosure.

Comment

There are no auto Zones here in Guam...The dealer here can do it but they charge a fortune...Any ideas?

Comment

Charge just to scan?

Your gonna have to get the codes its tossing out. Look on Ebay for a OBDII Scanner, they are like $35, they give u the codes being spit out by the car, or shell out $135 or so for the ones they use at Autozone, u can clear codes and such with those.
        2000 3800 II V6 Firebird<br />various small mods, bigger stuff later.

Comment

Yes, $65 for each scan...

Comment

Theres no other alternatives other than scanning....Spend $65 and get it scanned and fix your problems.

Comment

I had something similar happen, although it took only about 30seconds for my SES light to come on after starting. When I replaced my starter I forgot to disconnect a wire and it snapped a neighboring wire to my knock sensor. I just reconnected the wire and the problem went away. Who knew a knock sensor was so moody? Anyway, if you have a 3.4l its probably obd1, and if thats the case then the $35 ebay code reader won't work. You can buy your own obd1 autoxray for around $100 (which by the way is the same price it would cost me to have it scanned at a dealer in Omaha, Nebraska) $65 sounds good to me.
              1994 Arctic white, 3.4l, 5spd<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/montytrmpt\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/montytrmpt</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X