Changing Spark Plug Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Spark Plug Wires

I know everyone is going to say it's a b*tch!!! And I found that out first hand... Now I already managed to unplug all the damn wires, but now my problem is these plastic lock/champ thingies on each side that the 3 wires on each converge into before diverging to their sperate places along the side of the engine. Now how the F*** am i supposed to unlock those damn things when you need to hane midget hands to work in there??? Should I just break them off?? any help greatly appreciated

I managed to get all but 1 off without damaging them. I got pissed at the last one and just tore the damn thing out. You should be able to get some pliers on the back sides and pinch it enough to get it out.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I just pryed mine open with a flathead screwdriver
      Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

I used a screw driver a few years ago and messed up a couple of the old wires, but who cares just as long as you get the stubborn clips off. The clips didnt fit my new 8mm wires so i just threw them away anyway.
        <a href=\"http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4187730&a=31095602&f=\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird Y87 </a> <br />K&N filter, Whisper Cold Air Intake, Cutout Exhaust;<br />3.42 Gears, LSD;<br />160* Powerstat, Removed Silencers, MAF screen removed;<br />Zex hyperformance Spark Plugs, MSD Superconductor Wires, Manual Fan<br />Switch<br />15.08@90.86 2.149 60ft

Comment

Thanx a lot!! my friend actually was able to do it w/ a flathead. I just wish i understood why GM makes every little thing so damn complicated. I always have to hear how much easier it is to work on an import... working on an import, the thought makes me choke.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X