Now What ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now What ??????

I have the mods listed below, and im not sure what to do next to get the most bang for my buck. Thinking about a hi flow cat.... Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.<br /><br />------------------------------<br />1997 Red Firebird with T Tops<br />Custom 3\" cold air intake <br />K and N filter<br />!maf<br />flowmaster 80 series catback<br />Accel 8.8 300+ spiral ferro wires<br />Bosch 2X platinum +4 \'s

Headers and hi-flow cat will give you huge gains compared to what little they cost. After you do those look into a cam and perhaps headwork. Then finish it off with new gears,lsd, and TC.

Comment

A new cat wont do much of anything for you by itself.

Get some gears and LSD or an aluminum driveshaft
      You'd enjoy that more than a new cat
      Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

i have been doing some numbers crunching, and im thinking. All the stuff to get 3.73's and LSD in the rear is like 5 to 600 bucks, but i can get a used z28 or ws6 rear axle for like 250 or 300. plus it will give me rear disk brakes to boot. I think thats the way im gonna go. Plus im in the navy so i got a hobby shop with a lift and any tool i could need. shouldnt take me but a day to put it in. What do you guys think ?
        Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.<br /><br />------------------------------<br />1997 Red Firebird with T Tops<br />Custom 3\" cold air intake <br />K and N filter<br />!maf<br />flowmaster 80 series catback<br />Accel 8.8 300+ spiral ferro wires<br />Bosch 2X platinum +4 \'s

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lon:
          i have been doing some numbers crunching, and im thinking. All the stuff to get 3.73's and LSD in the rear is like 5 to 600 bucks, but i can get a used z28 or ws6 rear axle for like 250 or 300. plus it will give me rear disk brakes to boot. I think thats the way im gonna go. Plus im in the navy so i got a hobby shop with a lift and any tool i could need. shouldnt take me but a day to put it in. What do you guys think ?<hr></blockquote>

you can get Lsd for $94 from www.ammperformance.com
          and disk brake convertion from
          www.tacreationsusa.com for $150
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

add spec stage one clutch for $309 (Clutch kits come with Pressure Plate, Throwout Bearing & Clutch Disc Line-up Tool)

Msd Coils- $120
            MSD DIS-4- $320

catco high flow for $55
            jet coated pacesetter headers for $289 (or so)

Cam and everyrthing to go with it $1200 good for 30-60 HP at the wheels (best bang for da buck IMOwww.3800performance.com

rocker arms, about $300-$500 (about 10-15 HP at the wheels)

Strut tower Brace (good for turning) $89

Turbo GP coming some time this summer $2500, reg price was $3500 i think

[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: viper04af ]</p>
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

wow. alot of responses, LOL, so many choices, so little money. I think im going to get the rear end taken care off. I think that will be the best seat of the pants performance gain for the money, then mess with the internals of the engine. I am also going to look into buying a used intake to port and polish for ****s and giggles.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                3 days ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X