Has this happened to anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this happened to anyone else?

So my girlfriend was following me the other day, once we got home she said my passenger side tail lights were out. So I got the replacement bulbs, I have the cover off. Start to take out the old bulb and it's stuck, look closer, the entire socket is rusted!!
    So I had to break the bulb, then pulled out the dremel (thank god for the dremel) after 5 minutes of grinding away the bottom glass of the bulb and the metal base of the bulb, I get it all out. Dremel down the sides of the socket to a nice shine again, plug in new bulb, everything works great. Check the other side no rust at all??? So why was the passenger side rusted? (the rubber seals were there too)

???

Comment

I know exactly what your'e talking about... It's happened on my car. Dunno what causes it but its' a b*tch ain't it?
      \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Comment

keep de electric grease in those sockets and that problem will never happen again.
        Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

well I did the same. I was changing a bulb and it broke out. I dont have a dremel. but I did have a pair of plyers! lol I kept working at it 3 minutes tops and I had the metal base out lol. I bet I twisted that thing every way it could go!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            5 hours ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            1 week ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X