HYPERTECH RESULTS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HYPERTECH RESULTS!!

Alot of people say they havnt seen any results with the hypertech so I was intrested so I went out and ran over 11 times in a 2 hour time period so the weather did not change a whole lot from the beggining to the end. Sorry it was only a 1/8 mile track but hey. I have intake and exhast with 3.42's an lsd and to make sure traction was a big problem I had DR on.

I had gone to the 1/4 mile track the night before but wasnt impressed with the results 14.7's. problem was I only got to make 4 runs that whole night and I kept changing the settings and so it never had time to learn what was going on.

oh and if your wondering 9.2 in the 1/8 is about 14.5 in the 1/4

here are my slips

60' 1/8 mph time of the run notes
    2.11 9.45 73.94 5:32
    2.12 9.47 74.06 5:37
    2.17 9.53 73.98 5:59 hpp3 installed
    2.13 9.39 74.61 6:03
    2.10 9.28 75.10 6:32
    2.09 9.27 74.91 6:39
    2.10 9.30 74.99 6:45
    2.09 9.28 75.13 6:48
    2.10 9.27 75.19 6:54

I set the hpp3 to 93 oct, rev limiter 6300, raised 1-2 shift point by 1 mph (130rpms or so), removed limiter, 50% firmer shifts

when you first install hpp3 it takes a bit for it to learn everything as shown by what I ran. I think alot of people dont give your computer enough time after installing the tunning and also could have traction problems so i made sure I gave it enough time

all of this was done with the maf screen in(its messed up and probably hurt me), with the full belt on, with a wisper lid with no filter(i only had a paper filter with me) and through the catback

I have borla with a high flow cat, whisper lid, LSD with 3.42's and drag radials and some heavy *** KBDD subframes. I didnt even have my ram air installed.

with the progamer I would of ran 14.5X-14.6x with out I was running about a 14.75

ohhh yea 2000 camaro A4

so it was worth an easy tenth or 2 and 1mph

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: Drone51 ]</p>

Very nice to see your happy with it. You might have gone a little bit faster if you would have reprogrammed it to think you had a cooler thermostat so your fans would have came on a 20 degrees before they usually do. I just got my HPP last week and I did notice a seat of the pants difference when i chirped my tires on the 1/2 shift, yet it could have just been the cold weather along with the cold tires; Nevertheless I am quite happy with the results i've seen and heard. Can't wait to take it to the drag strip in a few months.

2000 Black Firebird A4

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: firebirdrumble00 ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4187730&a=31095602&f=\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird Y87 </a> <br />K&N filter, Whisper Cold Air Intake, Cutout Exhaust;<br />3.42 Gears, LSD;<br />160* Powerstat, Removed Silencers, MAF screen removed;<br />Zex hyperformance Spark Plugs, MSD Superconductor Wires, Manual Fan<br />Switch<br />15.08@90.86 2.149 60ft

Comment

opps forgot i actully did program to 160 thermo and I also have a fan switch that I turned on between passes

Comment

anyone else with a hypertech make alot of runs back to back to back like me in a short time and get any results?

I dont think so and thats why no one except me has seen good results

the thing was tested on a car from this board Jason McCalister and showed over a 10hp gain with the 93 oct tunning. It dosnt make sense that no one else has ever seen a gain. I think its cause the test were not done right. You cant conclude by 1 or 2 runs if something works or not, espeically with the computer. It has to learn probabably from the begining after it is reprogramed and no one has given it enough time. Because I know at normal track you cant hotlap your car, the track I went to is brand new and so no cars were there and I was able too.

If I dont have to work at hopefully my new job this weekend I will try to get back to the track and see if I can repeat the results and more then back up my test.

(might be getting new job and if I start this weekend, no track for a while im sure :( )

[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: Drone51 ]</p>

Comment

Some of your gains, as you made repeated passes, could have come from the car cooling down with the fan switch.

With my fan switch my first run will be 10.3xx or so (1/8 mile) and as I hot lap my times will go down to 10.1xx pretty consistently.

I don't know if the car is "learning" or if your car is just running cooler as you hot lap.

BTW, this my be of interest in the drag racing forum. I say you posted a link there to this thread but not sure if that is as good as making this post in the forum.

[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: mjparme ]

[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: mjparme ]</p>
          SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

I'd be careful of the "driver" learning. Is there any way you can make passes in a:
            clean
            HPP
            clean
            format? Might be a chance to see if it's you or the car improving. Glad to hear that the times are being lowered, though!
            -Rob
            <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

its not me improving my 60' didnt hardly improve ie i was getting traction, I have a automatic, not much the driver has to do, the night before my car was running 9.4 in the 1/8mile at the 1/4 mile track the night before had better weather and was later in the night so there should of been lower temps so my car should of ran faster

Comment

thats exactly what i saw with it, .2 in the 1/4

merlin
                2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                  Good to see the site is back up
                  by 2.8 Bird
                  So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                  3 days ago
                • FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X