low oil pressure (already searched)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low oil pressure (already searched)

I already searched, and i found alot of useful info, but none as dramatic. when i first start the car, the oil is at 40 psi. (which feels low), but after about 3 min of driving, the oil pressure will redline. literally sit at the red. i cant stop driving the car. i thought it was the oilchange i do myself but then i took it to a mechanic and it still does it. im out of ideas. :mad: could ya help?
    3.4 teal firebird<br />160 thermostat<br />manual fan switch<br />throttle body bypass

Did you maybe leave the cap off ?

I've done it b4
    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

no the cap is on, i cant smell a leak or see one either..
      3.4 teal firebird<br />160 thermostat<br />manual fan switch<br />throttle body bypass

Comment

rear main seal leak?

you really shouldnt drive when oil pressure is that low.. especially in the redzone...
        96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X