Lights Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights Out

Hey, one side of my steering wheel lights are out. how do i replace these? i have a 97 firebird by the way.
    What\'s her last name? I\'ll look it up.<br />You know I don\'t recall. Swim, Swammy, Slippy, Slappy, Simmons, Sommons, Swenson, Swanson?<br />Maybe it\'s on the briefcase.<br />Oh yeah! It\'s right here, Samsonite! I was way off! I knew it started with an S though!

I'm lost
    <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

on the radio control buttons???

Comment

you have lights on your steering wheel?

Comment

yes i have lights on my steering wheel, underneath the radio control buttons, i just need ot know how to get to them. i dont want to damage anything, so i just need to know if anyone has replaced these, and how. thanks.
          What\'s her last name? I\'ll look it up.<br />You know I don\'t recall. Swim, Swammy, Slippy, Slappy, Simmons, Sommons, Swenson, Swanson?<br />Maybe it\'s on the briefcase.<br />Oh yeah! It\'s right here, Samsonite! I was way off! I knew it started with an S though!

Comment

I think that the bulbs are integral to the switch (sort of like the bulb in the switch for the defogger on most GM vehicles) and are not replacable. The only way to get the bulb working is to replace the entire switch assembly.

I hope I am wrong, because my son has the same problem with his '96. I looked into this before, and according to a buddy of mine that still runs a shop, you need to replace the entire switch to replace the bulb. OTOH, the switch apparently is not that expensive.

[ August 31, 2002: Message edited by: rockotman ]</p>
            ...it\'s lonely out in space...

Comment

Do you know how inexpensive these are? also would anyone know how to actually take the part out?

Comment

It is a factory part - call a local Pontiac dealer to see what the part costs - if I recall correctly, the entire cluster was somewhere around $20 - $30 dollars. I never did buy it. It seems like it would install similar to the window switches, just pops in and out of place. I wouldn't try to take it out until you get the new one though - sometimes by looking at the new part, you can tell how the faulty part is held in place - that is what I did to replace the $12 window switch in my son's driver's side door.
                ...it\'s lonely out in space...

Comment

thank u that helps alot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X