car shuts off on start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car shuts off on start up

in the morning time i turn on my car and it comes on runs a little bit the shuts off dose anyone know whats up with that
    2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

does it run later on in the day,or not at all?
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

well i turn it back on it mite shut off again or try to shut off but as it starts to warm up its fine after that. when the car is warm up and i turn it off and turn it back on again its fine i leave sitting for a long time and i start it again from a cold start it would want to shut off again
      2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

get your fuel pressure checked. ALsdo the pulsator (iirc), it helps keep teh pressure when the car is shut down for a while.
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

what is a pulsator??? and where would it be at on the car

Comment

it'll be by the fuel pump.
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

what does a pulsator do??

Comment

also i got a mass air flow code p0102 it saying i got low input i bought a new mass air flow change the plugs and still code will not go away what else could it be??

Comment

The problem sounds like your MAF. When the car is cold, it uses the MAF to control fuel. Once warmed up, most fueling is controlled by the O2 sensors. That would also explain the code.

I melted my MAF (nitrous backfire) so I went to Advance Autoparts and got a rebuilt replacment. I was still throwing the P0102 code. I took it back, they gave me another. Same problem. I went to the dealer, got a rebuilt MAF from them, problem solved. The dealer said that the aftermarket ones are crap and this is a common problem. Where did you get that MAF? If it is not from a GM parts store, take it back and go to the dealer.
                  2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

got on ebay
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=STRK
                    so in look like the dearship for me. Thanks for the help

Comment

maybe you have a bad starter

Comment

IAC?
                        1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

bad starter??? car starts alright it just in very cold starts it wants to shut off but as the car is running and warming up its fine. IAC?? i dont know if its that because mass air flow ses code p0102 it saying i got low input i dont know if IAC has anything to triger that but like arthansen said it mite be my after market maf that out of wake so i gots to go to gm and the oem one does anyone know how much they would run at the dealer ship

Comment

starter would have nothing to do with keeping the engine running.
                            Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

I would know exactly....if I pulled my reciept. However, I'm lazy. But, if my memory serves me right, it was $220.
                              2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X