3.4L Manual fan switch, Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4L Manual fan switch, Help!

ok, I was told that This would work on a 3.4, but I have no clue if that is true. It says I would have to run it around the door since there is no access to get through the firewall on the drivers side. But I was also given Install #2 but I don't have those on the passenger side of my car since I have a 3.4 and not a 3.8. What are some good detailed instructions? What switch do I need? what gauge wire do I need? what LED do I need? etc.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/512325\" target=\"_blank\">2004 Silver Impala</a> Faster than my Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282862\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red 1995 Pontiac Firebird</a><b> For Sale</b>

Well, here is a link to a page that I made after I hooked up my system. This uses the factory relay to supply power to the fan rather than the new wiring. This means you can use smaller wire without harm. The only issue is if you use an LED. After making this I realized that you may need to have a separate +12V positive source for the LED rather than running it in series with the relay. It causes problems with the relay not seeing the needed voltage to close it. Take a look at that, and if you have any more questions let me know.Fan Switch Mod

[ August 31, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
      by ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
      1 week ago
    • RPDRed6
      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
      by RPDRed6
      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
      3 weeks ago
    • ssms5411
      No start problem
      by ssms5411
      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X