passenger manifold O2 sensor HELP!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

passenger manifold O2 sensor HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passenger manifold O2 sensor HELP!!!

hi, my exhaust manifold O2's have been dead for a while. i replaced the drivers side a few months back but couldn't get the passenger side out. i tried for about 2 hours then just gave up. finally, i got sick of the SES light so i decided to give it another shot. so, after about 4 hours of using breaker bars and cheater bars and even a high powered impact wrench, the thing still won't come out. i've sprayed it down with PB blaster, let the car heat up, everything i could think of. i just broke a craftsman 1/2 drive extension. i've never broken a craftsman tool but this O2 has done it. also, the sensor itself snapped into about 2 hours ago (the housing for the sensor, what the wires run into - the bolt is still there in the manifold and its not stripped i can get a 7/8 on it easily i just can't move it). if anyone has any advice or tips then i'd appreciate it. and if anyone has had this much trouble before and went to a shop, did you have any problem getting a shop to attempt to remove the sensor? how much did they charge? BTW, if anyone is in the houston area and knows of any shops, let me know. i already have my own AC sensor though. thanks for any help.

The best breaker type bar i ve used was a 1/2 ratchet with a big pipe on the end. Push the pipe with your legs, but that'll only work IF it'll stay on the problem bolt. You can try to find like alum pipe that can fit over your wrench and bend it out with a propane torch and hammer until it fits snug on the wrench, you can spray it with penetrating lube and let it sit overnight, i've had to weld a wrench onto a stripped/VERY stubborn bolt before, but it sounds like you aren't rounding it or anything i would just try a big m'f'ing pipe onto your wrench and penetrating oil(WD40) overnight. That'll be your best bet right now. Godspeed and goodluck dude.

Comment

If you've got a big jack handle, it might be able to fit over your ratchet, that would be perfect for a huge breaker.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        4 hours ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X