160 Stat - ITS FIXED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 160 Stat - ITS FIXED!

Well this rules, Zoomer was 100% right. Throw in the 18K resistor and the SES/gauge death issue goes away. Drove over 500 miles yesterday, gauge should have died on me, but it didnt :D The car was stopped to fillup for gas a few times and such, the gauge is still hanging in there. Acts like my 2000 Firebird now :D

Plus since my car thinks its 10degF outside, I get fully advanced timing to go along with my 160 stat... Runs very well on the highway. I made 28mpg @ an avg speed of ~91mph. (310 miles, 3.4hrs) [img]smile.gif[/img] With all the blistering passing I did Im surprised my mileage was even that good :D (All thanks to the 160 stat, now I can once again get 32-34mpg on the highway at normal speeds :D )

If anyone would like a 5 pack of these resistors for your 2001/2002 Camaro or Firebird I'll mail you some for $1 until I run out (I've got about 100 resistors right now).

Email me and I'll email you the address to mail it. Thank zoomer for the fix :D

[ November 16, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

electrical is a hobby of mine, i have thousands of resistors.. from the smallest, to the largest(within reason)

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zccop2001:
      electrical is a hobby of mine, i have thousands of resistors.. from the smallest, to the largest(within reason)

[img]smile.gif[/img]
      <hr></blockquote>

I had severe trouble finding 18KOhm resistors - ended up ordering them from a site online. I ordered 10 and got 100 :D (woops). Nice to see you back on fbv6 zzcop!

[ November 16, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

EXECLENT! im glad to hear everything worked out for you without having to do the 2000 pcm thing.

Comment

Where do you put the resistor, on the IAT sensor or...
          2002 Camaro 3.8 Y87<br />K&N Air Filter, Whisperlid<br />SLP CAI, BMR STB<br />With more to come...

Comment

Yup, in the IAT Sensor.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

dominic ,did you say you put the resistor prallel? so it doesnt go in series.. i want to do the 160 mod when it warms up again...like my heat

Comment

You simply unplug the connector, plug in the resistor across both terminals, and tape it up somewhere. [img]smile.gif[/img] Its parallel technically, but you really shouldn't put nomenclature on its connectivity since its the only load on the line.
                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

ttt if anyone cares. [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
                  2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

would it work on a 99
                    98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

Comment

99's dont need to do this, only 2001 and 2002. 2000 and lower just put in the 160 thermo and smile. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

How weird is that.. you have to spoof the IAT to get the ECT to work.

Glad you got it going though!
                        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:
                          How weird is that.. you have to spoof the IAT to get the ECT to work.

Glad you got it going though!
                          <hr></blockquote>

Very weird indeed, thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] And yeah this is only for 01-02 cars [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
                            You simply unplug the connector, plug in the resistor across both terminals, and tape it up somewhere. [img]smile.gif[/img] Its parallel technically, but you really shouldn't put nomenclature on its connectivity since its the only load on the line.<hr></blockquote>

one time adam (*K*night Rider) and i accidentally severed all the wires that hooked up to the IAT...so we just got about 10 feet of wire and put it up under neath his front bumper LOL
                            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Can someone explain what this does and how its done...
                              Go Fast or Dont Go

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X