Traction Control or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Control or no?

Hey guys, I have a '98 3.8 Camaro. From what i read on here Camaro's did not come with traction control standard or whatever until after november of 1998. And I see there is supposed to be a switch on the dash above the radio next to the fog lights to turn it off. Well I have a button that says SGS, is this the traction control button? If not what is it? Thanks!
    \'98 Camaro

Second Gear Start, helps in snow, etc. But also puts more wear on your tranny starting from 2nd.
    \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

I dont get exactly how starting in second would help in snow if the tranny still has to rev up in order for any significant power increase to be distributed to the wheels.

Comment

Correct...SGS=Second gear start
        ASR=Acceleration Slip Regulation (Traction Control)
        1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Gallstaff:
          I dont get exactly how starting in second would help in snow if the tranny still has to rev up in order for any significant power increase to be distributed to the wheels.
          As I understand it, you're making less torque starting from a standstill in 2nd gear. It is still enough to get the car started, but it has less of a chance to break the tires loose. I drove a saab for a while that would do this starting from 3rd gear-- talk about lugging the engine...

I love the kids that think that hitting SGS will make them do better burnouts... all the way to the transmission shop, anyway.
          \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

That's funny, I could see kids doing that, just to see the light on. COOOL. These are the kind you sell stickers to
            Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

yawn
              -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X