MSD Wires expensive crap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD Wires expensive crap!

Put new plugs for the second time in my '98 Camaro,ran like crap!Found out a couple of the MSD wires I had (1 year old) were not crimped right & made no connection to the terminals on both ends .Anyone else have this happen?Another inquiry someone might know out in cyberland ,my Camaro seems to miss in park revving around 4k rpm. Normal or not?Put in NGK 55's seems to run alright otherwise.
    geocor

Shouldnt really be revving your car in park...
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by geocor:
      Put new plugs for the second time in my '98 Camaro,ran like crap!Found out a couple of the MSD wires I had (1 year old) were not crimped right & made no connection to the terminals on both ends .Anyone else have this happen?Another inquiry someone might know out in cyberland ,my Camaro seems to miss in park revving around 4k rpm. Normal or not?Put in NGK 55's seems to run alright otherwise.
      The rev limiter in park is 4k....

Comment

you shouldn't rev in park anyway, do it in nuetrel, and were u sure to heat shrink ur crimps before you drove? alot of people just skip that step, they think the engine will do it for 'em but the engine will shrink one side more causing a weak connection
        K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

We can make custom length wires for you if you only need one. Contact me via E-mail and we can get you a price based on the length.
          - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Thanx guys ,these were custom made MSD Superconductors cut to length for our 3.8's.After changing plugs the car ran terrible .Did a resistance check on all of them & no. 2 wire showed infinate ohms.Since the Camaro performed flawlessly before the plug change, I attributed this to the MSD wire coming apart as I disconnected no. 2 plug & removed it from the coil pack.As I stated there was no contact to either teminal.took it in for a scan & found out also no. 6 TR-55 was bad. So I changed it & car now runs fine.
            It just p's me off that wired touted so good could come apart so easily after just disconnecting a plug & coil.I was told buy the shop who scanned the car that they had some bad luck like that with other customers using MSD'S.They felt Taylors were the best wires for our cars & I think thats what I'll buy next.
            Will rev in "n" from now on,so far runs good now... Geocor
            geocor

Comment

I put mine on a few months ago, and the car has been running great since. I noticed a smoother idle along with the change. Who knows, seems like you just got a bad batch
              2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

You could be right, but the missfire problem keeps coming back on #6.It was after I did 3 plug changes.Thought the Rapid Fires were bad so I switched to NGK Tr55,then after the scan put in another new NGK.Thought the problem was gone but today when it rained the miss on #6 was back.The resistance check on the wire comes out ok,after 3 new plugs in that cyl.I think its not that. Must be the MSD Suprconductor wire unless someone has another idea.I wonder if anyone has had a problem with those little steel heat covers on the plug boot creating an short?Out of ideas need HELP!!!!
                geocor

Comment

I just changed my plugs and wires....the only plug that had a wire boot with a steel heat shield was the passenger side middle...and i left it off when i put on my Borg-Warner's.

Comment

Mine had them On 3-4 & 6.Still can't figure out the problem of the missfire.
                    geocor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X