antenna base....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antenna base....

The other day I was driving and turned the radio down to hear this aweful sound commin from the back trunk area. I though it was the usual squeaking of a loose antenna. I tightened it and sure enough the base is loose. How do you tighten it, also could there be a seal broken on it? Thanks.
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Are you saying the nut on top of the Bezel which is on top of the quarter pannel is loose?

It should just be a matter of tightening down that nut to fix your problem. The only thing is, I dunno if that is something you can get ahold of with a normal wrench, I haven't looked at my car in months (Winter) so i don't remember what it looks like. According to the Service Manual, there is a special GM tool for tightening it.
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

I fell for that one too.
      I made a "special wrench" from a cheapy
      stamped steel wrench like the kind you get with a new bike.
      After cutting the slot large enough and filing until it fit snug,I put it on workbench next to 13MM open end and it was same.
      So much for the special wrench.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        7 hours ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X