Bosch Wiper Blade Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch Wiper Blade Adjustment

How do you adjust the wipers so that they wont miss a spot? I have Bosch Microedge Excel 24". I read about this in an old post I SEARCHED about, but no one answered that guys question.

[ March 09, 2005, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: joecool ]

I didn't think they were adjustable...? If they are missing spots when you put new blades on, then you may want to take a look at the spring under the wiper arm. One of my trans am's had a bad spring and it was missing about 50% of the windshied when it rained. I replaced the springs and they were like new again. A mechanic told me the springs got weak from leaving the wipers in the "up" position as I was washing the car, and leaving them there for quite some time.
    sigpic

Comment

Some people say cut a small bit off the end of the blade, would that actually work?

Comment

Originally posted by joecool:
        Some people say cut a small bit off the end of the blade, would that actually work?
        I have no idea. So far, my 4th gen hasn't given me any problems...so far. :D
        sigpic

Comment

I found out what you have to buy. Autozone special made wipers for the firebird. I installed them and they work perfectly. No problems. The blades are perfect fit. The guy at autozone said that the wiper blade clip on f bodys are upside down.

Comment

I had to modify the arms alil bit by cuting out about a half inch piece where the arm hits the wiper blades... I did it w/ a dremel tool... Pretty simple if you're having the same problem I had to where the lower middle part wasn't getting wiped by the left wiper... So... take a look. Good luck
            \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Comment

yeah.. because the hook on our wiper arms turns up instead of down, we need special blades to clear the rest of the arm. anything but the special blades (autozone has them) will not work and will hit the wiper arm throughout the course of travel, thus causing the blades to miss spots. you can modify other blades but they still wont work as well. Just buy the correct blades. new wiper arms wont help unless your entire wiper arm is picking up off the window as the wiper travels. And yes, i tried the bosch myself and modified them but eventually just bought correct blades. (you cant cut enough out for them to work properly, they hit the small arms eventually). good luck and hope this helps.

Phill
              Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X