Underbody Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underbody Question

My bird has 100+ miles on it and my air dam and all of the underbody covering is crap and it rattles when i drive. Can i just take all of the plastic off and throw it away or do i need to buy a new section to put underneath the front of the car?
    1998 Firebird 3.8L<br />Whisper air lid with K&N<br />Texas Speed and Performance Rumbler catback<br />Hypertech 160 degree Powerstat<br />AIM ID= defect111<br />Groveland Township Firefighter

I dont know if you want to remove the airdam isnt that supposed to force air up to the radiator?? And the other underbody coverings aren't they supposed to protect your electrical and such from rocks and puddles?? I would just try to modify the loose parts (tighten up the screws, replace the lost screws, drill a few holes and put in some new screws)IMO. The easy thing to do is just rip it all out, and if you don't think nothing will get harmed go for it!
    <a href=\"http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4187730&a=31095602&f=\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird Y87 </a> <br />K&N filter, Whisper Cold Air Intake, Cutout Exhaust;<br />3.42 Gears, LSD;<br />160* Powerstat, Removed Silencers, MAF screen removed;<br />Zex hyperformance Spark Plugs, MSD Superconductor Wires, Manual Fan<br />Switch<br />15.08@90.86 2.149 60ft

Comment

Airdams are about $30 shipped from gmpartsdirect, I'd just get a new one.

-Jeff
      Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
      Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        6 hours ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X