engine lift points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine lift points

Aight, this is going to sound dumb but i got a 3.4L 95 camaro and would like to know what everyone else used as a lift point to hoist the motor out of the car. i know that carb cars just have a plate that installs in place of the carb and that some people use the exhaust manifold bolts to hook up to but what have other people used to hook up to to yank their motors. Id really prefer not to tear something out of the block when i do this. I have a 2 ton engine hoist to do the job. thanks for the help on my really stupid question.

Phill
    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

snot a dumb question, you are unsure, thats totally ok.

But i lack knowledge of this subject, im sure someone will help ya.

i think the strongest part on the engine would have to be under the manafolds like yoy suggested.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

There should be loops bolted to the block to hook onto, unless they've been removed.
      2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

should i just go ahead and make a plate like they use for the 5.0 mustangs (take off the upper intake and it mounts to lower intake plenum)? what do you guys think? id much rather not do that though so i can work on doing all that stuff with the motor on a stand. the chains for the hoist i have is only like 20 or so inches long. any more ideas?
        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by Little G:
          There should be loops bolted to the block to hook onto, unless they've been removed.
          So I guess you do not have the lift brackets on the front drivers side of engine and rear passenger side of engin?

The manifold bots are plenty strong. you should not have to remove the entire manifold. just use the bolts/holes to mount the chain.
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods
          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

easy as 1,2,3.....

3.4 removal 1

3.4 removal 2

3.4 removal 3

[img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics