trans slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans slipping

well my trans has been slipping since like 2 weeks ago, very bad on cold cold days and cold start ups, it shifts alot better and almost normal when it is warmed up after 15-20 minutes of driving. Otherwise the RPMS just keep climbing and I have to feather the gas to get it to shift to get the RPMS to drop. Somebody said it could be just low ATF...since the fluid expands when warm thats why it shifts and runs better? There is no grinding, etc. I was quouted at 2000$ for a rebuild so anything you guys can input would be great
    \'98 Camaro

have you checked your trans fluid? Would be a good place to start.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

check your fluid with the engine cold... then check it with everything warm, if the fluid is on the full line with everything warm, then your fluid level is fine.

Comment

i had the same problem a couple years ago..i turned out to be some TCC valve..it needed to be bored out..i found out it was a very common problem on the 4l60e transmissions..cost $350 and has never been a problem since
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          3 days ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X