engine burning oil!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine burning oil!!

ok so my brother-in-law has an 89 RS with a 305 tbi, well this thing smokes like a chimney, every time he starts it it pours blue smoke out the exhaust and when he revs it. so im thinking valve seats or piston rings or both?! now also when he revs it blue smoke blows out from between the valve cover and the head and all the tubes that go from the carb to the valve covers also has smoke coming from them,so this thing has some oil burning issues. any input from experience will be appreciated!! thanks, jon
    {1995 3.8 A4}{Flowmaster Exhaust}{SLP CAI & Fan Switch}{4 Wheel Disc Brakes}(3.42 LSD}<br /><br />{2004 Dodge Dakota SXT 3.7L SOHC V6}{Cold Air Intake}{Dynomax Ultraflo 2.5\" Catback}<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/95blackbird3800\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/95blackbird3800</a>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blackbird3800:
    ok so my brother-in-law has an 89 RS with a 305 tbi, well this thing smokes like a chimney, every time he starts it it pours blue smoke out the exhaust and when he revs it. so im thinking valve seats or piston rings or both?! now also when he revs it blue smoke blows out from between the valve cover and the head and all the tubes that go from the carb to the valve covers also has smoke coming from them,so this thing has some oil burning issues. any input from experience will be appreciated!! thanks, jon<hr></blockquote>

sounds like rings and valve seals both to me
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

time for a new engine
      00 Camaro with the Y87 Package!<br /><br />stock times 15.59 @86.3mph with a 2.25 60\'

Comment

An overhaul would be another way to go. ;) Just matters on what you want to do though.
        2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
        5 speed
        Project: Unreal
        Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
        2007 Chevy Aveo 5
        Mods K&N air filter:excited:
        www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

before a rebuilding give wwww.auto-rx.com a try

Comment