Having big problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having big problems

Okay so a while ago i washed my car at my work (waterway). After it went through the wash i pull the car off so i can dry it but it wont start all of a sudden. The weird thing is that the car started fine when i was first started it before going into the wash. So what could be wrong fellas. Its been in the shop for about 2 weeks now and my mechanic can not find what is wrong. He says its not the starter because it still has a lot of juice left in it. He did say that the solenoid (sp) on the starter wasnt getting any power and that there was a short in a wire somewhere but he cant find it. I went to the shop the other day to look at the car and the progress and mostly the interior is stripped out, dash, center console, etc... So please if anyone has any idea and i mean any, please chime in because the new owner really wants his car sooon and hes been wating for a week already and i dont want him to wait any longer.
    98 white Camaro V6 w/ factory GFX<br />Stock for now.<br />Future mods: CIA header, Whisper air induction lid, SLP Loudmouth exhaust and with more to come in the future.

umm

do that car even crank over with the key? it kinda sounds like the passlock thing malfuctioning

more info please
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

You can hear it click (not the sound that the starter makes while trying to turn over) but you can hear something click like engage then disengage, I mean i cant really explain it cuz it makes a sound but i dont know where its coming from or what its coming from. BTW its not the battery cuz its brand new. Also at the beginning i though it was the battery so i tried to jump it and i noticed the engine bay was wet which i though was weird cuz i have nerver seen it that wet before. So maybe something in the engine bay got wet and it made the car not able to start?
      98 white Camaro V6 w/ factory GFX<br />Stock for now.<br />Future mods: CIA header, Whisper air induction lid, SLP Loudmouth exhaust and with more to come in the future.

Comment

umm check the pcm and the coil pack and make sure they are not soaked...... after 2 week you'd think it would dry out by now though

clicking sounds like a relay maybe check all fuses and relays under the hood and in the dash make sure they are all fine.....
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

unscrew the PCM and make sure nothing growing in there. I had little water go in there and had some green stuff (prob rust like thing)there which caused a lot of hesitation. Clean that stuff up and like ^^^ said make sure your coil packs are good ... plugs, wire are also likely culprits.
          Ummad!<br />2k pewter maro M5. 160 thermo, WhisperLid w/K&N Filter, Jet PCM Stage 2, Free Ram Air, Air Silencer Delete (purchased already and) waiting to install manual fan switch, air/fuel ratio guage.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X