This is a huge deal between v6's!!!! Fastest n/a stock motor stang/bird/camaro? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a huge deal between v6's!!!! Fastest n/a stock motor stang/bird/camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a huge deal between v6's!!!! Fastest n/a stock motor stang/bird/camaro?

Hey I have a 99 v6 5spd i run 14.6 with a n/a stock motor stang. @ v6power.net they say the record is high 14's.... i think this is bullsh&%
    they said it's impossible to do 13's with a stock motor v6....ive seen cars from here do 14.9's with mufflers, and one did 14.4 just by takn stuff of....i know this is possible and plan on kill the record....ive got the stang record supposively and i saw someone from here or fbody v5 run a 14.3.....to break the record you must have a completelt stock motor no cam, heads intake ect....anyone got some info this has become a big deal latly....

Well, it hasn't been done yet. I don't think it could be done also. You would need....

Slicks & Skinees (Don't know how to spell it)
    Bogart Dragster Wheels Carbon-Fiber Driveshaft
    LOT of weight Reduction No Serpintene Belt
    All of the lighter Suspension COmponets
    VFN Lightweight Body package ($$$$$$)

All of that would be over $7,000 <---Very low guess
    <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

i've got friends who have pulled 14.8's out of just exhaust 99+ mustangs

I've also known people who have pulled 14.80 out of exhaust, and cone filter shoved on TB in thier 98+ camaro.

But i hate to tell you, stock motored 2000 mustang, 11.9 ;) but granted justin did put a turbo on it.

you will need weight reduction to get those kinds of times, no belt, and traction.

i'll have to go over to v6power.net been a while since i've been there.

Ryan.
      1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

I bet this can be done and isnt going to be that hard....all i need is .6tenths...tires an suspension should bring it down quite a bit then a few bolt ons will finish the job....why does this seem like such a big deal to everyone...lol..it can be done..and will

Comment

It all just depends, and the argument can go forever and forever about what is stock, particularly in terms of weight reduction, slicks, where to limit power modifications (to the TB, past the TB, into the manifolds, heads / cam, etc.)

Then you'll have folks asking about trannies ...

Look at our timeslips page, and the top one's w/o the H/C are in the low 14's IIRC.
          <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

exactly.

where do you draw the line?

to me, stock motor, is stock TB to stock exhaust manifolds.

But to some, it is from the heads to the heads, so intake work, and headers are allowed.

Ryan.
            1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

mustangeater only needs .46 to run a 13, he ran his 14.46 w/open Y, open TB, no belt, and the real killer, open rear and 3.23's, if he just put some gears and sticky tires i bet he'd be down there real close to 13's...Magnus ran a 14.07 on a completely stock motor too....
              <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Going to the track on wednesday...

big difference between my 14.4 run and how I gong to be running...

1. I had my original Eagle GAs wtih 36k on there last leg...
                2. about 3 weeks after my 14.4 run... my car started running like *** and threw a code. Cat was clogged, I had my cat replaced with an OEM cat, under warranty, currently has ~500 miles on it, looking at maybe ~600 miles on it on race day. Car pulls much better top end with the exhaust hooked up(I ran exhaust unhooked)

I have bigger heavier rims 17X9.5s, but then again I now have 275/40/17 rims vs, my old 16x8s with 235/50/16.

I am hoping for a 2.0 60' and woudl be happy with a run like my 14.4, I think that should give me a 14.3 maybe 14.2.

I really need LSD so I can bust out with some 1.9s, maybe daydream of some 1.8s :eek:

I have been contemplating some real weight reduction.

I already have a thread of my idea of a setup here...

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...;f=10;t=001531

Comment

Here is how Magnus got close with stock heads and cam, but he did do some P&P. Lots of weight reduction too!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X