Blown head gasket - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown head gasket - help

Well im pretty sure i have a head blown gasket. It leaks anti-freeze a lil bit and leaves drops under neath the car after it has run for awhile. Takes about a month for the radiator to completly empty(which i dont let happen). Yes it is coming from the head gasket.

Oil is fine, nice and clean. Car runs perfect with no funny sounds. It just leaks a lil anti-freeze everytime the car is run.

Dont have the money to replace the headgasket now so what are the best products that help to stop it?
    1994 firebird red t-tops 115K miles. needs paint job badly<br /><br />1993 camaro - gone<br /><br />1995 camaro - rdy to be drivin :)<br /><br />1987 camaro - slow *** v8 - blew it up ha

You sure it's not just a bad water pump? If it is indeed a BHG, I'd also suggest getting your heads checked over from cracks. I cracked a head with 85,XXX and my car was like yours, ran fine and leaked a little antifreeze.

Comment

Its deff not the water pump. The anti freeze leaks between the water pump and below the thermostat. Trickles down the lil groove between the braket which u need a flashlight to see.
      1994 firebird red t-tops 115K miles. needs paint job badly<br /><br />1993 camaro - gone<br /><br />1995 camaro - rdy to be drivin :)<br /><br />1987 camaro - slow *** v8 - blew it up ha

Comment

by what you said, it doesnt sound like a bown head gasket
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

What could it be? the head?

No hoses leak
          Water pump is fine
          Trickles down between the grove between the braket where the waterpump/thermostat sits
          Car runs like its new
          Oil is clean
          Smokes a tad but its hardly noticible

Comment

sorry to say, but sounds like cracked head.

Comment

if its behind the water pump hows about front cover?
              I will take on all comers...or come on all takers!!! Whichever you prefer.

Comment

How much would it be to replace a head?

Comment

you can get a used set of heads for probably $50. but unless you do the swap yourself your gonna pay out the a** for labor
                  1994 white Firebird M5<br />Flowmasters, CAI, 3.73s, LSD, coated pacesetters, eibach pro-kit, bilsteins, hurst shifter, JVC stereo, 18\" C5 vette wheels, Kuhmo Ecsta ASX rubber<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299</a> <br /><br />Coming Soon: Turbo!

Comment

its kinda of hard to crack a head.. i doubt thats it.
                    brink<br />1998 White Camaro 3.8L V6:<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />No cat (straight pipe)<br />Free Ram-Air<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                      by ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                      1 week ago
                    • RPDRed6
                      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                      by RPDRed6
                      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • ssms5411
                      No start problem
                      by ssms5411
                      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X