160* stat problem 2001-2002 fixed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 160* stat problem 2001-2002 fixed??

ok i got the 160* stat and put it in and after 3 days i was just driving along and it dropped to 0... turn it off and then back on a little response then back to 0...(SES light is on) then the next day driving around i look down and its back to normal... turn the car off and back on works just fine and no SES light, i didn't do anything just did a search on the board and found a few posts about it and i was planning on doing the 180* just so everything would be cool but it seems to be ok now i'll keep you all updated, any one else have this happen with their car???

merlin
    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

I think Dominic had the same problem. Holla at em.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

I still cannot run a 160 in mine. Have to run a 180.
      2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

i dunno, its been a few days and it still works fine... i keep ya updated, dominic got anything to say???

Comment

Well I had this issue, and everytime I had this problem I took my car to the dealer (didnt know it was the thermostat :mad: ) and had them "fix" it.

Usually the fix was simply resetting the PCM... Hell they even replaced my PCM thinking that might be it lol - poor techies.

I never let mine go past that stage - I got fed up with it doing that when driving through the desert. I wasn't comfortable cruising at 85 with my fans on high, so i swapped it to a 180 for the meantime and haven't had any issues.

Are you saying that after a few starts this issue "goes away" and the car runs fine with the 160 now? How long has this been?
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I forgot to mention I've been on the lookout for a 2000 M5 PCM to swap into my car for this reason. If this trully is a fix to let it just remain - I'll most definetly go try it.

Redbird - send me an email at dgo610@comcast.net if you ever have this problem reoccur. Mine seemed to act up every 500 miles but I sure hope the PCM can learn like this, that would just be amazing.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

I've thought about getting a 160 on mine, but Dominic said it wouldn't work. If yours does work out, plz post and tell what you did to make it work or if it just works by itself.

Thanks,
              Eric
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              2002 Navy Blue Camaro A4, 3800-II V6, K&N filter. 80-series Flowmaster exhaust w/2 dual tips

AIM hdcgamer84
              "Hey guys, check out my crank windows!"
              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Yeah redbird - is it still working?
                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

yeah, it stopped for a few days then started working again??? i dunno its weird, i think it has to do with long drives, cuz if i keep them short its fine, then after long drives it stops??? oh well...

merlin

Comment

Oh it keeps cycling between the gauges working fine and then not? SES on/off too?
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

GM computers can be weird. The ABS on My '98 Malibu would periodically drop off line for no reason whatsoever. The dealership supposedly fixed my problem at least twice. Oh also, I had to reset my change oil light after I changed my oil for the first time (car has 6000 miles.) Maybe there is something similar you could do for the SES in relation to the thermo?

-Eric
                      --------------------------------------------------

2002 Navy Blue Camaro A4, 3800-II V6, K&N filter. 80-series Flowmaster exhaust w/2 dual tips

AIM hdcgamer84
                      "Hey guys, check out my crank windows!"

[ September 15, 2002: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]

[ September 15, 2002: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]</p>
                      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X