Where are engine blcok drain plugs for coolant? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are engine blcok drain plugs for coolant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are engine blcok drain plugs for coolant?

HELP! [img]smile.gif[/img] I have NO idea where they are! please be exact, and if you can give it according to where hte oil filter is or something easy to find! thanks!
    RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

I'm not exactly sure that the 3.8 has them, but if it does like the small block chevy's, it will be somewhere near the center of the block, near the bottom of the casting above the oil pan. But every engine I did, the plugs were stuck, so I never usually worried too much about them.
    1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

This would help me too... I just discovered a coolant leak yesterday... it's dripping down around the rear main seal somewhere... need to get it checked out today..
      1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

IIRC, the way to drain coolant is to remove the knock sensor. They are locat on the each side of the block, screwed in from the bottom. They are right below the heads. Of course, it helps to drain the radiator as well.

DEE
        1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X