need help with this ASAP. anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with this ASAP. anyone?

ok guys, friends got a hold of my car (god knows how).......
    they took the air filter out (I put it back on before I drove off).

they also disconnected someothing. I checked around and everything looks like it's in the correct place and plugged in properly. When I first started the car before everything was plugged in properly, it stuttered like it was choking.

they connected somoething (I don't know what), and it ran fine.

I got it home and opened up the hood and there is still a SES light on my dash, but the car seems to be rununing fine.

When I got home now, i checkekd everything over, but the engine seems a little (really) hot. Youo can't put your hand on that part after the intake where those two little bins are on the left and right side of it (after the hose part), because it's hot.

anyone have any ideas?

dump your friends and sue them for any damages they may have already caused... then take a sledge to their cars and spray paint FU on the windsheild.

Comment

nothing is wrong yet. so your suggestion really doesn't help all that much.

Comment

Did you check your coolant? If i was you i would beat some serious arce man... Im sorry freind or no friend they shouldn't mess with your stuff unless you tell them too... take it down and get it checked out and see what the code's are... man that's really messed up... i take it your freind's are under the age of 18 right?
        Old 2003 gt, Pullies, k&n air filter, tb and spacer, off road xpipe, catback exhaust accufab plenum, volant cai. quadrant clutch, cable, firewall adjuster, predator programmer and 180 thermo with 255/40/17 nittos on the back

Comment

doesn't look like a coolant problem.

and yes, under 18...

Comment

Did it sound like you had a seriously wild cam? There is a cable on the right sit of the throttle body that acts like this when unplugged. I don't know if it's a vacuum hose or what. I unhooked mine accidentally once. That's what threw your light. If car is running fine, just reset the computer. Go to ls1.com for instructions under resetting the ECM. For difficult codes, it may take up to 12 minutes.

Just a suggestion. I'm not legally responsible:
            I hear that some people get their freinds back like this. For one or a couple of your friends, wait a couple of weeks, then put their back tires on flat. Don't puncture the sidewalls. For another, crank call him from different pay phones. Play music if you have a portable tape recorder. Call them at work, do the same thing. Never own up to it. :D

That'll do it.

[ September 06, 2002: Message edited by: AMinor65 ]</p>
            <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

like I said. it looked like all of the cables were plugged in correctly (including the one you listed). I went back tonite and checked them all (with a flash light to make sure they were connected). everything seems to be connected. Here's the deal.

The car sounded like crap when the thing (whatever it is, i don't know..) was disconnected, but when they reconnected it, I restarted the car and it worked fine (sounded great again). then I drove another one of my friends (one that was with me, not one that was messing with my car (a gf) ) home like a bat out oof hell. I'm not sure if these two thingsn are related, but I didn't have any trouble getting up there in the high speeds, but the SES light was on all the time (and still is).

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gregmondro:
                like I said. it looked like all of the cables were plugged in correctly (including the one you listed). I went back tonite and checked them all (with a flash light to make sure they were connected). everything seems to be connected. Here's the deal.

The car sounded like crap when the thing (whatever it is, i don't know..) was disconnected, but when they reconnected it, I restarted the car and it worked fine (sounded great again). then I drove another one of my friends (one that was with me, not one that was messing with my car (a gf) ) home like a bat out oof hell. I'm not sure if these two thingsn are related, but I didn't have any trouble getting up there in the high speeds, but the SES light was on all the time (and still is).
                <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I understood you. I'm saying that the cable was disconnected, and they connected it. Reset the computer, you'll be fine. If it's what I think it is, that code is for a lean condition in bank A (or b) when the cable was disconnected.
                <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

would that make the engine run hot? the shiny part between the hose and the engine seems to be really hot (beyond normal)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gregmondro:
                    would that make the engine run hot? the shiny part between the hose and the engine seems to be really hot (beyond normal)<hr></blockquote>

I'm sure that your car is fine. Probably a little hot from being ran hard. Who know's it may always get hot, throttle bodies get hot. You just don't notice it, because you're not always checking it. Reset the computer tonight. Monitor your temp gauge tonight (if you go driving) and tomorrow.

It's all good, man. Chances are you would've noticed a real problem by now.

Comment

thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] this sure reassures me that my car isn't totally messed up.

there any harm in waiting until tommorrow to reset that SES light?

Comment

Nope. Get some sleep.

Comment

ok, thanks a ton AMinor65 [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

seems to have solved the problem. I disconnected the battery last night and connected it this morning when I got up a few minutes ago. Started the car, and got no SES light [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

drove the car this morning and still no SES light. Didn't check under the hood to see how hot stuff was though, but everything seems to be doing ok. No varied temperature (that much). Everything seems normal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X