How to tell what trans you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerriko:

Are you absolutly sure that you worked on a '94? Maybe it was a '93?

If it was not electronically controled, it had a kick down cable, and a five wire connector?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Q: What's the difference between the '93s and '94s?

A: .... the 4 speed automatic (4L60) was upgraded hydraulic controls to electronic controls (4L60E) .... <hr></blockquote>

On trans4less.com it lists the transmission for a '94 camaro 3.4L as a 4L60E, but a '93 camaro 3.4L as a 700r4.

automaticgears.com lists '93 as 700r4, and '94 as 4L60E.

I believe you that you rebuilt a transmission that did not have electronic controls, but from everything I can find, and everything I have seen, GM switched to electronically controlled 4L60E in 1994.
    <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

i dont know if this helps on the 93/94 argument on which one... Im guessing i have the electric one, because when i was having problems with my alternator, it wouldnt shift correctly.

but i know there was a "mid year change" in certain things in the 94.... dunno if that helps
      kinda like the "mid year change" on the 3.4 to 3.8 in the 95... even though its known as the 3.8 to not come out untill 96

Comment

I'm not sure what to say. I don't want this to turn into a 'which motor is better' kind of argument. It was an 94 Camaro. You have to verify the vehicle at school. It did have the detent cable (kickdown) and 2 connectors (TCC lockup and VSS). According to the catalogs for Sonnax, it listed it as a 4L60. On ATRA (Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association), they list the 4L60 being used in the 93-95 F-bodies. I do know that GM does do weird things with mid year changes which can really be a pain in the butt. I guess the easiest way to find out is look at the valve body the next time you change your filter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X