Fluids/additives and there results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluids/additives and there results.

i figure, we can get the lowdown on soem stuff, to see what actually helps out. Post the fluids or additves you have tried and what your experieince was like with them.

-water wetter
    most recent, I used Watter Wetter, I flushed my coolant, and put in a 160* stat, and watter wetter and used a low amount of engine coolant, and lots of water(reccomeneded for best results on the bottle of Water wetter) my car now runs at half the temp it used to, in the hot forida sun(90s today) I know the 160*thermostat had a huge part ot deal with it but over all the car runs much cooler, I wish i did this along time ago, they say heat, and revs kill a motor, and the florida sun provides plenty of heat here in florida.

-sea foam
    lucas oil treatment

I had some oil pressure issue, mainly do to the dealership puttin on the wrong oil filter on my car, I used seafoam, and it didn't do mych on my motor but I had hte upper intake off a month earleir and cleaned everything up piece byu piece. I used it on my girlfirends cavalier and made a huge difference on her car. I think its very well worth it. also lucas oil treatment with the right filter jacked my pressure to higher then i ever say it before, i have heard good things from peopel all over the boards about this stuff helping with oil pressure, it also increased compression a bit. Well worth the money, jsut was hard for me to find.

-valvoline maxlife
    my car had pretty much had mobil 1 its whole life(free lifetime dealership oil changes), but since my lost of respect for that dealer and its now long distance away I and some recent leaks I had I swithced to this stuff, seems good, and helped my oil leak prblems, if not stopped them [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Restorestuff in silver can

the stuff in the silver can, its crap, used it more then once no results, excpet less money to use on somehting useful.

Thanks for all the additive info, but I had one question - what is the lucas oil treatment and where did you find it? My oil pressure is slightly lower than it used to be - the car has 75,000 miles on it now, and along with switching to the maxlife, I was looking at what else I can do to keep my f-body running till the new ones come out. Thanks.
    Chris Johnson<br />\'06 Cobalt SS/SC<br />\'95 Camaro - SOLD

Comment

not sure if oyu have them but I got mine at Discount auto parts, only place I found it, search on the internet, I found a place that sells parts for semi-trucks, and they were selling it. the stuff is universal on all types of motors, I almost ordered it form there, but figured maybe I could find it if I tried all the localc parts stores.

Comment

For Lucas products try Advance Auto, Discount Auto (they are the same company with a different name), Pep Boys....Probably many others but I've never really paid attention when I was in the others.
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I saw some Lucas stuff the other day while i was in NAPA. I just happen to notice it because i remember seeing it in this post.

Also, on another note on fluids...i saw an episode of Horsepower TV on TNN, where they changed the engine oil, tranny and rear end fluid in an SS and gained like 7hp to the wheels. I dunno how legit this is, but they did dyno before and after and i don't THINK they would lie. Probably less of a gain on our cars, but could be worth looking into.
          <b>Matt</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Z28 M6</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=3\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro M5</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X