98+ Firebird's head rest, can it be pulled out? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

98+ Firebird's head rest, can it be pulled out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98+ Firebird's head rest, can it be pulled out?

How do go about doing so. If not then how do you take out the whole backrest?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

I would like to know this as well [img]smile.gif[/img]
    1998 Firebird w/ LS1 & A Few Mods<br /><br />Pictures--&gt;<a href=\"http://www.fad2blk.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fad2blk.smugmug.com</a>

Comment

Anyone?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mkaprocki/Camaro/headrest.mht
        Looks like a pain in the *** . :eek:
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I don't know if theres a easier way but I had to take my seat apart and here's how the headrest came out. I pulled up the seat cover by unhooking the bottom of the seatcover when the seat back is leaned forward. Remove the plastic latch on the side. Pull up the seat cover. FYI:There is velcro in the center to hold it in place. When you get the cover worked up to the top there are 2 plastic sleeves on the top of the seat that are held in place with tabs. Push those in and it should pop right out. I was worried it would be a pain but I had the seat unbolted, stripped down, repaired and bolted back up in under 2 hours. I beleive thats about it. It wasn't that hard.
          98 bird <br />160,000 miles<br />13\'s? Just happy it\'s starts every morning. <br /><br />Traded in @164,000 On a 2001 Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X