Have a interior leak???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a interior leak???

For some reason whenever it rains now there is a HUGE puddle of water on the passengers side floor. At first I thought it was the window but it isn't. Any ideas before I rip my car apart???
    James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

yo,
    do you have an aftermarket alarm on your car? becuase i got one from best buy and they drilled the whole for it in hte wrong place so everytime it rained all the water would come in my car and form puddles. it's just a thought... good luck with that.

Steve
    rims for sale... see for sale forum!!

Comment

I had this problem. I had it fixed under warranty. The water would run down the passenger side of the tranny tunnel and collect on the floor in front of the front passenger seat.

Another related problem the leak caused was the lower-pitched horn would stop working when the water leaked in.

Apparently, there was an area in the firewall that was not properly sealed.

Good news: The fix itself was very simple - silicone sealant.

Bad news - The entire dashboard, console, radio, etc had to be disassembled to get at the leak. The dealer had my car in the shop for a week while they searched for, found and then fixed the problem.

Another board member also had this same problem. Try the search function.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

That tranny one may be it. I just had my clutch and a BUNCH of stuff replaced: master sylinder, release bearing, and all the other goodies. I bet they didn't seal something I will go there and check it out.
        James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X