tach questoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach questoin

does anyone know which pin on the pcm to connect a new tach to for a 98 firebird? I was told pin E on the ignition control module by autometer, but taht didn't work (and was a pain to get the wire to).

can anyone please help?? i've gone to every speed shop here in south texas, and all the guys specialize either in imports or older muscle cars, i've even taken the pcm and icm diagrams from this website to see if they can figure something out and none could. i've seen the installation guides for a trans am so i know it has to be possible. any help would be appreciated

Comment

Have you called/gone into a dealership or seen wiring schematics for the wiring yet?
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

I think that there is a tach terminal on your electronic ignition. Look and see if there is. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: 95slowcar ]</p>
        1995 3.4-Blackouts, 3 10\" MTX Subs, High flow cat, Faze voltmeter & air/fuel gauges Kenwood 800w amp,80\'s series Flowmaster, . ....more to come

Comment

http://engine.firebirdv6.com/38pin.html Check out that page. It is listed on there.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

After visiting several speed shops and some calls to autometer, i figured out the problem. The tach wire goes to pin E on the ignition control module, but i didn't have a good ground, i changed it to the ground of the brake pedal and its good to go now. thanks to those who replied!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X