Temparture Guage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temparture Guage...

Recently my temperature guage has been going a little crazy it jumps up and down, it usually goes up to like 240* which is impossible because it sometimes does that when its 70-80* out and i popped my hood to check things out and it didn't seem to hot, does anyone know what the problem could be, the oil, gas, etc guage seem to be working properly is this just a senosor problem?
    1995 Firebird (3.4) <br />Eagle 18\" 077<br />Flowmaster 80 (2.75\") series exhaust<br />2.5\" Car Sound Cat<br />K&N Cold Air Intake <br />Alpine 12\" Type E Sub<br />Bazooka EL 1500 Amp<br />Pinoeer deh4400 and Aftermarket Speakers<br /> <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fbird</a>

It could be your thermostat sticking if it goes from being cold to hot and back to cold. You might as well just replace that since its cheap and very easy to do. You can get a new thermostat for like $5.
    1996 Camaro RS A4<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler with 2.5\" catback and cutout, SLP CAI, BMR STB

Comment

Check your coolant level. If it is low it could be air pockets hitting the sensor.
      2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

Yeah run the car with the radiator cap off, fill it up with your 50/50 coolant mix and you will see your levels drop as the bubbles (air pockets come up) I had a similar problem.
        AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X