Keyless Entry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless Entry...

I have a 1999 Firebird and I lost my original remote for the keyless entry. I have read all the documentation about how to program a new remote, but what remote do I need? I have seen #g15 models, #g14 models, etc, etc. Which one will match my car?
    Clayton - White 99 Firechicken<br />*********************************

hmm.. how do u reprogram??? i wanna know....
    i don't know where to get the responders other than from the dealship
    i have a 98 bird... and the responder on mine has a 15 on the back (among other things)
    so maybe g15???
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

Ebay for remotes....

This for programming...

Important
      Programming of the transmitters cannot be done simultaneously. The first transmitter must be completely done before the second transmitter is programmed.

Perform the following to program the transmitter(s):

Pull the radio fuse (# 17).
      Cycle the ignition switch from OFF to RUN 3 times within 5 seconds. The body control module (BCM) will indicate that it is in a programming sequence by locking, and unlocking the doors and activating the hatch release.
      Depress and hold lock and unlock on the first transmitter for up to 16 seconds. The door locks will lock and unlock and the hatch will release again to provide feedback that a transmission has been recognized. Wait for the door locks to unlock before proceeding.
      Depress and hold lock and unlock on the second transmitter for up to 16 seconds.

Important
      Failing to wait for the doors to unlock before proceeding with the next step will result in one or both of the transmitters not being programmed.

The door locks will lock and unlock and the hatch will release again to provide feedback that a transmission has been recognized. Wait for the door locks to unlock before proceeding.
      Turn the ignition OFF.
      Replace the radio fuse (# 17).
      If at any time it is necessary to restart the procedure, turn the ignition OFF and proceed again with step number 1.
      Functional Check
      After the system has been programmed stand within 20 feet of the vehicle and proceed as follows:

Lock all doors by depressing the lock button.
      Unlock the drivers door and activate the interior lights (unless the interior lights are already on) by depressing the unlock button once. The interior lights will stay on for approximately 40 seconds or until the ignition is turned ON. The interior lights cannot be reactivated by depressing the lock or unlock buttons until it has timed out.
      Unlock the passenger door (interior lights should already be on) by depressing the unlock a second time within 5 seconds of the first activation.
      Release the rear hatch and activate the interior lights (unless the interior lights are already on) for approximately 40 seconds by depressing the hatch release button twice when the vehicle is in park or the parking brake is applied.
      On vehicles with the content theft security system, activate the horns and lights by pushing the panic button on the key fob. Push the panic button a second time to deactivate the horns and lights.
      Repeat steps 1 through 5 with the second transmitter.
      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

And with pictures:
        http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ar/key_fob.htm

BTW, it says to use part #16245100 for the remotes. Don't know if that's the same one as your car, though.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Re: Keyless Entry...

Will this reprogramming procedure work for an aftermarket remote??
          SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Re: Keyless Entry...

i would assume so

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X