I need HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need HELP!!

My car is slowly putting itself on limp mode (multiple random misfires). I need to know if there is any aftermarket ignition coils or am I stuck with GM stock ones? If there is any aftermarket ones where can I buy them?

PS

I've replaced the fuel filter, plug wires and plugs so my only one caused for these misfires I think is the coils... I have 110,500 miles on these stock ones.

[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: BLUE ]</p>
    <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

theres no need for aftermarket ones if your not makin some serious power, just get the ones from Autozone/Discount Auto parts for like $20 they have a lifetime warranty.
    <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by defrag:
      theres no need for aftermarket ones if your not makin some serious power, just get the ones from Autozone/Discount Auto parts for like $20 they have a lifetime warranty.<hr></blockquote>

Autozone don't carry one that I know of, besides anything that you buy other than OEM part is an aftermarket.

If they do or other discount Auto parts do what brand should I look for? Accel? MSD?
      <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

TTT

Comment

both accel and msd make coils for our car, summit should carry both of them.. I have to agree with the above statement though the stock ones are adequate and if you scan the codes you should be able to limit it to 1 or 2 cylinders hopefully on the same coil and if you replace with AC delco (stock) then you just have to replace 1 coil if you go with aftermarket they recommend you buy all 3 which cost more than the $50 for 1 ac delco..
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

The AZ, nappy, schlep boys carry the twin tower coils for $20. If you just have a stock/mild mods, really no reason to get the "exotic" stuff yet.
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

Hey thanks guys for all the good input. I appreciate it. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
                The AZ, nappy, schlep boys carry the twin tower coils for $20. If you just have a stock/mild mods, really no reason to get the "exotic" stuff yet.<hr></blockquote>

Stock wires, on the other had, are crap- mine are brand new (replaced when I bought the car) and I get radio interference from time to time. My Beretta did the same thing on AC wires, until I replaced them with Moroso's. I understand that Taylor has a set for our cars for around $50.

Brendan
                2000 L36 M49
                I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess.....<br /><br />-Red Green

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X