more power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more power?

I have a '99 camaro 3.8L with Fast Toys ram Air, K$N filter,160* T-stat,Airtemp module,flowmaster muffler 3 chamber exhaust, Richmond 3.73 gears, and i lost about 100 Lbs.i'am in denver colorado rumming a 16.7 @ about 83MPH.It seem like i should be running at least a little faster since stock i ran 17.2 @ 81MPH what do you suggest i do? do those numbers sound right only half a second faster?
    1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Damn, 17.2 stock! Elevation sucks a$$! I suggest you drive down to Houston,Texas. HRP will do wonders for your track times. Think about it, 1120 miles, 30 miles per gallon, thats like 38 gallons of gas for an average of $1.40/ gallon= approx. 50 bucks or so. Chop off like 1.5 seconds or so! Thats like strapping on a supercharger for 50 bucks! It's genious I tell you! :D

On a more serious note, nitrous would be the best thing you could do probably.
    <b>Red 1999 Firebird M5</b><br />Whisper Lid,Borla Catback,K&N,Dual Friction Center Force Clutch,Hurst Shifter w/Lou\'s Short Stick,!FRA,Suncoast Ramair hood,160 Thermo,!maf,Chrome ZO6 Wheels, Painted Calipers, CIA Headers, Taylor Wires, NGK Spark Plugs, 3\" Catco, Jet Chip Stage II, BMR STB, LCA, PHR, SFC, Fan Switch, FTRA<br /><b>Old Dyno Numbers: 183 RWHP, 217 RWTRQ</b><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer</a>

Comment

CRAP!!! What elevation are you at? I do think taking a little drive will take off a lot of time. You would be in the high 14's around here (I live at the beach). Plan a road trip if you can dude.
      White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

ya but i want my car to go rast here. I know elevation sucks its about 6000 - 8000' above see levelhere. in the mountains it really runs slow around 900- 11500'A.S.L.owell. If i do nos what all would i need to set it up so i don't mess up anything and how much nos do you suggest?
        1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Comment

Dude elevation does suck I'm movin up 2 Denver and damn my car had no power while I was up there I couldn't believe how slow it was @ just 5,000 feet from 2,000
          2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by calvo:
            ya but i want my car to go rast here. I know elevation sucks its about 6000 - 8000' above see levelhere. in the mountains it really runs slow around 900- 11500'A.S.L.owell. If i do nos what all would i need to set it up so i don't mess up anything and how much nos do you suggest?<hr></blockquote>

I suggest you take a look in the Nitrous Section on this board. Lots of good info. You will learn quick who are the top Juice Junkies around here. Listen to what they have to say. Mucho time and money has made them very smart in the field. Maybe N20 is what you need.
            White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

haha no kidding come down to Houston to HRP and you'll drop at LEAST a second, lol. Of course if you come down here and your time stays the same... take the damn car back the dealer and get a new one :D :D
              Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

Elevation sucks. Ever worse can be elevation with a low pressure front lasting pretty much all summer. Corrected altitude can sometimes reach 11,000 feet at RMRaceway here in SLC. The BEST run I pulled last summer(only catback and Free Ram Air, and somewhat of a factory freak motor) was 14.1. And it was against a 2000(LS1) vette. He ran 14.5, and said it was his best run in the car ever, even with others driving! Stock F-body LS1s were averaging 14.8!
                Anywho, a half of a second is about right for the mods. I might expect a little better, like maybe .2 because of the gears. See if you can check the national weather service website and find out the barometric pressure and temps for both times. There are tools on the web to do the calculation of your corrected times, just do a search. It could VERY well be that the weather was against you that night.
                \'98 LS1 T/A with<br />Heads/Cam, Suspension, converter, nitrous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X