2.8 that misses under load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 that misses under load

I can't seem to figure it out. It only does it when you give it about 1/2 throttle or more and it goes away once the RPMS get above 4k but, comes back when the engine shifts and the RPMS are below 4k. I already put new wires, plugs, and coil packs on the car and have run a ton a fuel injector cleaner in the tank. Any suggestions on what it could be because i am drawing a blank here.
    2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

you third gen teaser you (2.8 that misses under load) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Autotap that sucker.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

I have no autotap and this 2.8 is in my bro's 87 Celeberity. ;)
      2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

nice of you to point that out [img]tongue.gif[/img] :rolleyes: [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)

TPS? what codes you getting, if an.
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

Any codes?

Is it missing or jsut stuttering? Maybe a fuel problem under load?

Comment

No codes (no SES light) and it does feel like a studder or miss if you will. You can hear it in the exhaust like one of the cly are not fireing right when he takes off. I was thinking te TPS but i really dont want to throw parts at the thing. Its bad enough i put 90 bucks worth of coil packs on it and it did not take care of the problem. :mad: Thanks for the help tho, anymore suggestions? It is worse when the car is cold and i can't even rev it untill it warms up alittle. It sort of stumbles on its self untill the temp goes past 150.

Comment

check out the crankshaft position sensor. I had that go bad on my 2.8L beretta here recently. Also replaced the fuel filter too. try those 2 things first. (cost shouldbe under 40 bucks for both) [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
              1979 Z28 Camaro, 1 of 10,000 Factory 4 speeds. <br />1994 Camaro Sport Coupe, M5<br />Best ET: 15.31@91.5 (25 hp NOS)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro28:
                check out the crankshaft position sensor. I had that go bad on my 2.8L beretta here recently. Also replaced the fuel filter too. try those 2 things first. (cost shouldbe under 40 bucks for both) [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Do you remeber why you replaced the crank sensor? I am thinking about replaceing the fuel filter and that will probly be the next thing.

Comment

Well i replaced the fuel filter and it still is missing. Man this thing sucks, arggggggggg! :mad:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X