spark plugs PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plugs PLEASE HELP

is there an easy way to get / change the spark plugs ?
    - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

No.

Get to some from the top, others from the bottom. Make sure you have a good wrench, and an extra jar of swears. :D With the stock manifolds, it's not an easy job.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

V6 F-body, easy spark plug change?? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      1995 3.4-Blackouts, 3 10\" MTX Subs, High flow cat, Faze voltmeter & air/fuel gauges Kenwood 800w amp,80\'s series Flowmaster, . ....more to come

Comment

I'm just joking. Just take your time with it and make sure not to crossthread any of them, or force anything. I want headers so that this will be easy.. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        1995 3.4-Blackouts, 3 10\" MTX Subs, High flow cat, Faze voltmeter & air/fuel gauges Kenwood 800w amp,80\'s series Flowmaster, . ....more to come

Comment

Hello,

I assume you have a 3.4L I did mine in my 95 firebird - it was not bad as everyone said it was - but by no means easy... ! - I do have a fair experence in working on cars though... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Here is the key:
          1. Go get an old plug wire and cut off the end that goes on the spark plug - this works perfect to getting the plugs started (to avoid cross threading.

2. Get a good universal joint (3/8") and a spark plug socket and some extensions (you will need different sizes to get to the different ones).

3. Get all the plugs from the top - using the u joint (do not use it if you do not have to - you do run the risk of breaking the plug).

4. Start with the drivers side - it is much easier - I would suggest if this is not do-able - take it somewhere - because the pass side is much harder...

5. when you get the plugs out - run a compression test (if you have the gauge - it will serve as a good baseline if something goes wrong in the future).

6. To put the new plugs in put the plug on the boot you cut off of an old plug wire - use this to get into the hard to reach areas (like the passenger side) - the plug should go in easy until it seats - if it does not you my be cross threading - try again...

NOTE: I only used about 1/2 a box of curses... - not sure of the conversion from box to jar though...

The key it take your time and do not get in over your head - think of one plug at a time not the entire job.

RAR II

Comment

i chaged 2 of em yesterday that was fun hahah and no i have a 3.8
            - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Comment

Spark plugs suck in the 3.4 i know that, ive changed plugs and wires twice now.... :(
              New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X