traction control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traction control

my camaro does not have traction control, but I noticed that it has the wiring for the traction control switch in the dash, and the "low traction" light comes on every time i spin the tires. I was just wondering if the traction control would work if i got a switch for it.

i dunno.. my low trac light only comes on when i hit speed bumps too fast... on accident
    1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Interesting...... but I wonder if the actual traction control system is different than the low traction warning lights, which may just come on when the ABS system senses that the wheels are rotating at different speeds. Actual traction control limits wheelspin to 10mph. On mine, which has traction control, the system is always on, until you turn it off. Then a "TCS OFF" indicator appears on the dash. Maybe just get a switch from the junkyard, hook it up, and see what happens!
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

well, you can check you rpo codes and see if it was suppose to be there but other than that, GM makes there cars with wiring harnesses for everything because it cheaper to do production that way. and if your loosing tracion, why wouldnt your low traction light come on anyways?
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X