Tech advice on my legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech advice on my legend

Last friday we were driving the legend when it overheated and died, I check the fluids often and thought maybe a hose came off or something so we got it home and the coolant was low but not out enough to overheat it and i refilled it anyway and it ran fine with no overheating but since then I can start it and it will run and drive fine but whenever i stop the car the rpms will drop to nothing and the car will die, it will start back up fine and drive fine but when i stop it will die again the same way. Ive checked and no hoses are loose, its not overheating and i have no engine lights or anything on and all the fluids are clean and fine. Anyone know whats going on? I was thinking fuel pump but that would make it no run at all
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Maybe you just need to turn the idle up. How does it idle after startup or in park? My old eclipse used to randomly die like that and I turned the idle up. Never died afterwards and it only idled about 100rpm higher than usual after startup.
    \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

it idles at like 700 on starup and 500 in park
      Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

def turn the idle up...i use to work at acura and we'd get those problems a couple times a month

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X