Fuel Injector Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Injector Replacement

I'm trying to remove the fuel injectors from a fuel rail for a 98 Camaro with a 3.8 V-6 engine. The fuel rail has been removed completely from the engine. I removed the retainer clip, and tried pulling on the injector with a lot of force with a twisting motion and the fuel injector won't break free. Any suggestions or tips on removing these injectors?

rubber o-ring is just sticking. I would pull harder doing what you are doing. Make sure you buy new o-rings.
    Chris<br />92 Isuzu pickup, dropping in a 3800

Comment

cpom, I was just told by another source to spray some WD-40 on the O-rings, let it set for 10 minutes, then try removing them again. I will get new o-rings when I replace the injectors. I'll keep you informed of what happens. Thank you for your support.

Comment

Re: Fuel Injector Replacement

it's a pita trying to remove these injectors. they are located in a tight spot also. Remove the retaining pin first and then start twisting and wiggling it to try to get to loosen up then give it all you got pull the fuel injector out. if it's still tight wiggle it again and pull it out. Hope this helps to those who encounter the same problem.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X