3.4L Oil leak, Oil gear drive O ring? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.4L Oil leak, Oil gear drive O ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4L Oil leak, Oil gear drive O ring?

Ok guys. My car Is leaking oil on starter and y pipe, and Im 95 percent sure this is where its coming from since the oil is running down the sides of the transmission. I have read all the other posts on how to do this and just want to make sure I do everything right the first time. Now I know the fuel rail, and upper intake manifold need to come out. Does the lower manifold need to come out. Does the throttle body need to come off or can i leave that on.

So far I have that I need, Upper intake gasket, fuel injector o rings, and o ring for the gear drive. Is there anything else I need. What about that extra ditributor gasket everyones talking about? Thanks
    1995 3.4L M5 Camaro<br />Bullet Performance Exhaust, K&N FIPK, Stage 1 clutch, Short shifter, Hotchkis STB, Taylor Ignition wires, NGK spark plugs

ok My manual says take the fuel rail out first then the upper mani should come out with two or more bolts. It also says drain the coolant first. Is this necessary?

[ September 25, 2005, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: 95 camaro ]
    1995 3.4L M5 Camaro<br />Bullet Performance Exhaust, K&N FIPK, Stage 1 clutch, Short shifter, Hotchkis STB, Taylor Ignition wires, NGK spark plugs

Comment

i am not sure if you have bigger hands then me but i did it without taking anything off its just held on by one bolt i think 13mm, but just something to look into

Jeremy
      95 camaro 3.4auto, 3:23 gears, K&n intake, jet stage 1 chip, clear corners, flowmaster 80series, carsound cat,

Comment

The fuel rail has 1 stud and 1 bolt that hold it down. You should at that point be able to pry it upwards and pull it out after disconnecting vacuum lines and the fuel injector harness. After that there are 8 bolts (maybe 10) that hold the upper manifold down. Those bolts should be a 10mm head. It is a tight fit in there. You should then, after disconnecting intake tubes, coolant hoses to the throttle body, etc, be able to remove the upper intake and throttle body as one assembly. the coolant HAS TO BE drained. It also flows through the upper intake. If you dont, it will leak down through the lower intake and into the heads and such.
        1995 Camaro 3.4L Black with T tops, 5 speed manual<br /><br />Mods:<br />Pro 5.0 short throw shifter, MSD Ignition coils, 3.73 gears, Torsen LSD,Mac diff cover, Umi LCAs<br />K&N Cold Air Intake, Window Tint (20% rear, 35%front), aluminum driveshaft, fastchip tuning

Comment

ok that doesnt sound so bad. Jeremy you changed the o ring by just sticking ur hand back there? If so then im gonna try that first.

Comment

Originally posted by 95 camaro:
            ok that doesnt sound so bad. Jeremy you changed the o ring by just sticking ur hand back there? If so then im gonna try that first.
            good luck... You've got some tight clearances back there.
            1995 Camaro 3.4L Black with T tops, 5 speed manual<br /><br />Mods:<br />Pro 5.0 short throw shifter, MSD Ignition coils, 3.73 gears, Torsen LSD,Mac diff cover, Umi LCAs<br />K&N Cold Air Intake, Window Tint (20% rear, 35%front), aluminum driveshaft, fastchip tuning

Comment

ITs gonna do a serious Job on your knuckles like it did to mine its a really tight squeeze back there. 6 bolts easy to get to back to and 2 bolts in the back of the upper intake that are a pain in the arse to get too.. Be patient LOL.. I did it for the first time a month ago and it took me 6 hours total to do it all Replacing all the fuel injectors o rings and gaskets.. Also make sure you have a buddy to "BS" with cause it can get boring .. GOod LUck.
              John<br />Flowmaster custom piping, K&N intake and filter, catco high clow cat, stage II clutch, More to come.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2036060\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2036060</a>

Comment

OOO I forgot to mention check your oil pressure sending unit.. Mine leaked big time and there was oil everywhere.. I have the 3.4 as well. Its on the right side of the engine down by the oil filter its got a rubber casing around it. pull the casing out and check that out chances are your leak is probably coming from there. 20$ part from auto zone. doesnt hurt to try that.
                John<br />Flowmaster custom piping, K&N intake and filter, catco high clow cat, stage II clutch, More to come.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2036060\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2036060</a>

Comment

Isnt the oil filter on the left side of the engine and is it up high enough to leak on the starter bolts? im gonna check that first to be sure. But if it was leaking wouldnt my oil pressure gauge be reading funny? It goes down to 20 psi at idle when warmed up for a while but its been like that since i bought it so i assume its normal.

Comment

o ya and where can i get that gear drive o ring. I cant find it anywhere?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Dealership is the only place.
                        - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X