My Hyrdolock Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hyrdolock Story

Well last night we got some real heavy rain here in Milwaukee. Me and my roommate decided it would be intresting to take a spin around the area just check things out.

After getting out away from home a bit we started hitting some pretty big puddles so we decided it would be best to head back, as I was afraid of sucking up lots O water with the SLP on there. We start heading back and we came to another puddle, I started into it slowly, see how deep it was. It turns out this puddle god real deep *real* fast. Before I could react, I saw a splash of water on the hood. I punched the clutch and got ready to go to reverse when the engine died.

We pushed it back out and tried starting it. Nothing, engine wouldn't even crank. We got our other roommate to come pick us up. Got back to our house I grab a lot of tools, loaded up my roommates car and we headed back out. Got back to my car, pulled the wires and got started on the plugs. Thank god I had headers, or I would have been SOL. All 3 driver's side plugs seemed to be dry as a bone. I got to the passanger side and water came running out of the holes. I got all six plugs out and cranked it over a few times, after a few shots of water, nothing more came out.

I got all 6 plugs back in hooked the wires back up and gave it a shot. It cranked a while, but finaly caught. Ran rough for a few minutes and then seemed to run pretty good. Drove it the 5 minutes back to our garage and parked it. No SES lights or anything the whole way back.

I'm just about to run out there and drain the oil and change it out.

So, just a word, You can Hydrolock your engine with the SLP intake. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just be carefull, if I wouldn't have headers, I dunno how I would have got the plugs out in the dark and in the rain like that.
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Originally posted by Distephano:
    So, just a word, You can Hydrolock your engine with the SLP intake. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just be carefull
    Or, just stay away from large puddles [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    sigpic

Comment

Also Good advice [img]smile.gif[/img]

As an update. I drained the oil and it was pretty milky, looks like I got some water in there. I drained it, added 2 quarts, drained it again, then filled it up. Looks pretty decent now.
      1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X