What do i have left to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do i have left to do?

What do i have left to do where i can pick up some small power gains? I don't want to sink any major money into it for right now, i just want to know if there is anything small that i can put on the car to add some more power, the big mods will come later. I have a 2002 M5 so that means no go on headers, cause there is a minimal power gain for lots of hassle. On my car i have:
    1)Intake
    2)Compacitor
    3)Pullie
    4)Exhuast
    5)Tunning
    Some people says that some stuff helps like plugs and wires, and other people say that doesn't add jack! So please just tell me a couple things that i can do to pick up some power that arn't to expensive. The turbo kit will come adventually, just not yet.
    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Wow, that spelling is something else. ;)

As for the mods, first get a shifter. Won't make you faster, but it'll be so much more fun to drive. Then get some gears. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ September 28, 2005, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Finish the exhaust and learn how to spell.
      2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

Sorry, i was in a class and had to keep on turning the computer on and off, that is part of the reason the spelling is so bad...other is i am dislexic and it is impossible for me to "learn" so i don't need the comments thanks.
        Arn't gears expensive? Cause you have to pay a couple bills for them pull a couple more bills for them to be installed?
        I have a 2002...what i left to do on the exhaust? Just the high-flow cat right?
        2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

school teachers :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

subframe connectors, panhard rod, strut brace, 180 stat, engine oil cooler, after that, go with NOS.

what intake do you have?
            I also have an '02 and you're right, the headers are not worth the hassle, and yes high-flow cats should be next, they're on my list also.

jc
            Black 02 Camaro, 3800, K&N, BMR panhard bar, one piece DS, flowmaster, custom SC\'s<br />mods to come, T5, custom

Comment

suspension (as mentioned above), gears and lsd (its not all that expensive), hi flow cat is a must, and once you think you're done go ahead and do headers because if you move along to the bigger things it'll make a difference.
              \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

torque arm to put more of your horsepower to the ground after the rest of the suspension is done. one peice drive shaft maybe?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Dyslexia does not mean it is impossible for someone to learn.

Originally posted by Ender2664:
                  Sorry, i was in a class and had to keep on turning the computer on and off, that is part of the reason the spelling is so bad...other is i am dislexic and it is impossible for me to "learn" so i don't need the comments thanks.
                  Arn't gears expensive? Cause you have to pay a couple bills for them pull a couple more bills for them to be installed?
                  I have a 2002...what i left to do on the exhaust? Just the high-flow cat right?
                  1988 Firebird 2.8L (Black Pearl): <br />New interor & paint<br /><br />2001 Firebird 3.8L (Pewter):<br />!MAF; SLP CAI; K&N; SLP LoudMouth; DIS-4+; Blaster Coils; NGK TR55IX\'s; 8.5mm MSD Wires; Jet Stage II; TransGo; Corvette Servo; Addco STB

Comment

Originally posted by 02blkv6:
                    subframe connectors, panhard rod, strut brace, 180 stat, engine oil cooler, after that, go with NOS.
                    If you say "NOS" to mean any nitrous system again, I shall have to kill you. Nothing personal.
                    1997 Camaro T-Top A4<br />Magnaflow cat & 3\" catback

Comment

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Careful there Vin Diesel, don't shoot the NOS tanks.

Go with GEARS and a CAMSHAFT!!
                        FTRA kit, Whisper Lid, free ram air mod, Richmond 3.73 gears, Dynomax Catback, Poly Tranny mount, Vette Wheels, Expensive Audio equipment :). HID headlight Kit, Billet Grille, Billet Antenna, Eurotails, Carsound Cat

Comment

Originally posted by Perry:
                          Go with GEARS and a CAMSHAFT!!
                          Camshaft doesn't exactly fit his idea of being on a budget. ;)

Start off with a shifter! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                          Matt
                          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X