Driving A Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving A Camaro

When I drive my Camaro (its a 96) when I let off the gas pedal, my car dosent slow down like most. It does very slowly and after a longer distance but its not very noticable. But when I drive my dads Saturn it slows down a lot faster. It seems like there is still gas being put into the engine after I leave off the gas, or something. Is this common with all Camaro's of this age, or is my car messed up. My dad dosent think its normal either so thats why I'm asking.
    Thanks!
    Dustin

Is your car auto and the Saturn a stick? If so then yes there will be a difference
    03 GTP Sedan<br />Pulley Boys Qwik Change hub and 3.4 pulley NGK TR6s Blue Taylor wires Hyper suck 160 stat FWI with 9\" cylinder K&N 11.9\" Rotors KVR pads Clear Front Corners Tint13.56 @ 101.21 mph 2.02 60\' <br />Best 60\' 1.97 on Eagle RS-As

Comment

you mean engine braking, you get that more when you are in lower gear, auto or stick.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Both are auto.

Comment

you want your car to keep coasting, thats a good sign of low friction
          &lt;less gas is needed&gt;

Comment

i think your post would be worded differntly if your rpms stayed high...like the gas pedal was still giving the car gas even after you lifted your foot.

my car did that ONCE and it scared the hell out of me. i wasn't exactly driving safe and sane at the time either.

if you are just talking about coasting then...no problems.
            01 Firebird A4 3.42
            Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
            and other mods
            Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

My car does not hold back very good either, it must be normal though because it never has in the 4 years i have had it, and i had to put a new motor in it, and it did not change.
              98 L36 M5 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214920/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214920/</a>

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
                i think your post would be worded differntly if your rpms stayed high...like the gas pedal was still giving the car gas even after you lifted your foot.

my car did that ONCE and it scared the hell out of me. i wasn't exactly driving safe and sane at the time either.

if you are just talking about coasting then...no problems.
                When my throttle body was messed up, my car kept on accelerating without me pushing on the gas pedal. I could get around without even touching the pedal once. My car was in reduced power mode though during that time.
                2002 Firebird<br />Lid, Rumbler, GT2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X