Burn smell ,any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn smell ,any ideas?

Got to work and smelt something when I got out of my 97 firebird. smells like a burnt smell and seems to be on the drivers side of the engine and can smell it when I turn on the heater also.No leaks , or smoke comeing from the engine and all fluids are full, gages all show everthing is ok.
    Any ideas will be appreciated
    Thanks
    97SILVERBID<br />Born to cruise

belt?

Comment

clutch
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/594989\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/594989</a>

Comment

Something that melted on the hot exhaust pipe or converter when you were driving? I once had a plastic bag that got stuck to my converter, and it stunk for about a week.

Maybe a wire touching the exhaust pipes somewhere...who knows. Get under the car and have a look.
        sigpic

Comment

Hockeyman, you were right on the money. I got looking around and noticed a paper tag from somewhere in the engine compartment had fallen on the exhaust manifold.
          THANKS
          97SILVERBID<br />Born to cruise

Comment

hahaha. i had that problem too. still don't know how that bag got stuck to my converter. lol.

Comment

yah i was guna say something like what hockey sed.

to me burning clutches usually smell like rotten eggs [img]smile.gif[/img]
              -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X