o2 sensor question again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sensor question again...

ever since i did headers ive had a problem with my passanger side o2 sensor on the manifold. i never replaced it because i have autotap and an o2 sensor tester and they both say that the sensor is still sending a signal... but the signal its sending is very eratic. the voltage jumps around from say 800 to 400 and then back again. is it possible that the sensor would read like this and still be bad. im considering just replacing it anyway, but i dont want to waste the money if its functioning properly and the problem is just related to the headers or something else.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

The sensor should never stay at a constant voltage unless it's broken. A normal O2 sensor should fluctuate between lean and rich all the time.

What problem are you having with it?
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

im getting an ses light and the code is insufficent voltage bank 2 sensor 1 (i believe)

currently its been reset, and ill have to wait till it comes back on to read it again...

but like i say, as i drive around with the autotap plugged in the voltage comes through and it seems like its reading allright. ive never caught it running below 450 or whatever it is for an extended period of time, clearly the computer has though or i wouldnt be getting the code.

i guess what im asking is whether or not there is a tendency for headers (in this case pacesetters) to set off the manifold o2 codes on only one side, as is the case here, even though i dont hear any leaks... at least nothing too noticable. can the computer confuse a faulty o2 sensor with an exhaust leak before the sensor(below 400mv for a certain period of time)?

is there any way to tell the difference between the two without hearing any leaks or buying a new o2 sensor...?

i just want to know if its the o2 sensor or the headers.

edit: i go about 50-100 miles between the code coming back on.

[ October 08, 2005, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

anybody?

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I recently posted some info about o2 sensors in another post... you might want to take a breeze through that. But from what you're saying it doesn't sound like there is actually anything wrong with the sensor... I don't know what is causing the code to be sent. Do you notice any difference in how the car runs when the ses comes on?
          Newfoundlands Camaro & Firebird Enthusiast Site<br /><a href=\"http://www.nf-fbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.nf-fbody.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X