Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She won't start

Okay here's what happened:

I recieved my B&M ripper and a car alarm and decided to put them in today. B&M took a while but when in no problem. The alarm was easy enough, just tore out my old one and attached the new one. This all took me a few hours in my garage. So I clean everything up and get ready for a test drive. I turn the key, the engine sounds like its turning over, then stops and makes a lot of clicking sounds until I turn the key back.. I try this again and the engine doesn't even want to turn, just a really loud racheting clicking sound in rapid succession.

So I test my lights, radio, all that because I had a similar problem in the past with the battery. All work fine at first, after a few tries it seems like the lights are struggling to open. So then I leave the radio on while trying to start it. The radio loses power as I turn the key.

Okay so I figure I need a new battery because I left the radio on (with key forward) for hours while I worked, well at least thats a start. But what in the world is that repeated clicking sound I'm hearing? Did I accidentally disconnect a wire while removing the old alarm? Short circuit? I couldn't find any.. If anyone can enlighten me, please do, this is my only vehicle and I'm stuck.
    01 V6 Firebird, Flowmaster catback, Navmate gps, B&M Ripper.

change the battery and you should be fine. im pretty sure the clicking is from the starter.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

I'll do that. What bugs me is I just changed it not three months ago. Had the alt tested and everything too. Can it really go that fast by leaving things on for a few hours?

Comment

yes it can. ive done it many times.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        Or this

Comment

Why can't you just get a jump and recharge it with your alt? The sound is the solenoid clicking from lack of amp kick isn't it (cars haven't changed that much have they?) I keep a battery charger in my garage for just these (hopefully rare) occasions.
          \'01 Camaro Vert ~ Black on Teal (but Mean Green in the sun)

Comment

It was the battery. Went out this morning to give it one last shot before buying a new one and it started.

Comment

:thumbsup: [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follow me!
              Or this

Comment

Originally posted by rhodeymark:
                Why can't you just get a jump and recharge it with your alt? The sound is the solenoid clicking from lack of amp kick isn't it (cars haven't changed that much have they?) I keep a battery charger in my garage for just these (hopefully rare) occasions.
                beacuse recharged battery sucks

Comment

I'll do that. What bugs me is I just changed it not three months ago. Had the alt tested and everything too. Can it really go that fast by leaving things on for a few hours?

yes it can. ive done it many times.
                  Let me put it this way then - if I really couldn't trust a battery after jumping or charging it (you can always test the cells) I wouldn't do anything w/o the engine running. Batteries aren't that cheap - unless you are buying a cheap battery.
                  \'01 Camaro Vert ~ Black on Teal (but Mean Green in the sun)

Comment

Originally posted by BiH:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rhodeymark:
                    beacuse recharged battery sucks </font>[/QUOTE]But your battery is always getting recharged...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X