Bad coolant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad coolant...

Whats the best type of coolant to use???? Whats the best thermo to use as well for a 94 Firebird as well.
    What I got you got to get and put it in you.

In LA? I'd go with a 160* thermo, and green coolant. The red stuff (dex-cool) is absoultely HORRIBLE.
    example: http://www.geocities.com/b_gillie/dexcool_problems.html
    I thought it was because I used regular tapwater, but then I used distilled, and it did the same thing. The fluid turned brown in color, with a jello-type consistancy. I just changed to green yesturday too...thank god!
    sigpic

Comment

you need to flush the crap out of your coolant system (i did the radiator like 7 times, overflow tank like 5, and block like 5) but get rid of all the orange coolant, put green in, and get a 160.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Why is the difference between 160,170,180 etc???

Comment

Also why does it matter were you live???

Comment

Cause generally if you live farther up north, it is reccomended to get a higher thermostat, so the heater will work better, and your engine will stay in the operating temperature. I have a 160*, but I live in texas. Also, I am having the same problem with dexcool, I just flushed and filled like 6 times in a row, 2 days, ago, and the very next day (yesterday) sure enhough, brown sludge all up in the radiator around the cap, I will do this again, and switch to regular coolant. Im glad I payed like $11 for dexcool. :rolleyes:
            Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X