clean engine bay now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean engine bay now what?

I clean my engine bay today on my 95 firebird 3.8. I covered almost all visible elercial hook ups and the alt. i used very little water and sprayed alot of engine cleaner on the engine and surrounding area. wel in abour 20min later i dryed everything my best and start up it does. 1hr later drive around the blocked and it stalled 3 times. the 5 min later drove around a bit more and no stalls but I did notice that the engine bay smokes like steam and my temp gauge went to about 210 and i have a 160* thermo but it was hot. what do you think the problem is just wet or what? thanks for reading and please help me lol

oh yeah its auto not stick just so you know im not stalling cause its stick

Comment

After I'm done cleaning any engine, I let it sit for approximately 20 minutes, then I start it with the hood up and let it reach operating temp in park. The water steams off after a little while, then I leave the hood up after turning it off for about 1/2 an hour to get rid of the remaining steam.
      sigpic

Comment

got you thanks did that and now it seems to run fine no more steam. thanks again next time ima try a steamer I guess. i hate being worried about little things like that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X